I have not received my power generator, temperatures are in the -10C to -15C in Bancroft, so I could not do much on the terrain even if I wanted to.
In the meantime, the engineer is working on the house plans.
I keep busy at home:
- Built a little shed for the generator.
- Did more reading on energy saving and energy generation.
Looking forward to start X Country skiing season .
It is the season to reflect over the ending and the coming year:
2012 Highlights :
In retrospective 2012 has been a year characterized by
* Initiated the Earthbound Project through the following steps:
- Clarifying the vision: What can I do with my life in the next few years? Developing the vision of
building and living in an Earth Home.
- Making the decision: What do I want to do with my life in the next few years? Weighing the risk
against the relative comfort of status quo.
- Taking the first step.
* Job change:
- Ending of the current employment
- Launching a self-employment career.
One sad event: Losing a friend to sickness (terribly sad but her life is to be celebrated with joy!)
Many sweet events:
* The kids doing well with their lives:
- Next generation on the way (delighted to become a grand-father soon!)
- MBA completed
- One engagement
- Started new jobs/positions or/and improved current professional situations
* Several good friends overcoming critical health challenges during the year
Looking toward 2013:
I have never been someone to look behind me for very long and now more than ever, I am looking forward with anticipation.
I expect that 2013 will be a year filled with even more change and more adventure. This is good because, if I have learned something about myself, it is that I like adventure. In fact I am happier if I don't know where I am going. Well, to be truthful, I (almost) always have a general idea of what coming next and this is just basic risk management; but there has to be space for a good amount of discovery and uncertainty otherwise it is not a thrill.
Figure it as you go and cope with the change; that is my style! Yes, that contains some risks but that is what makes adventure fun.
There are some costs, but in the end it is all good, that's life!
So, lets trust in the "All There Is" and move forward into 2013.